In a process of continuous improvement, the school engages in a process every six years that leads to the creation of a Long Range Plan of Action that guides the school. In consists of a self-study report and then a visiting team report. From the recommendations surfaced by the self-study and by the visiting team, a plan is developed. There are other items besides these that the school will focus on, but these are the ones that have been given the highest priority.
Below is a summary of the key action items for the 2017-2022 Long Range Plan of Action:
Plan of Action for School Year 2017-2018
- Administration with the parish administration commission will develop a plan to upgrade and make permanent improvements to the playground area. Phase one will be implemented.
- School administration will study the feasibility of adding staff to address the diverse abilities of students and implement assessment tools to identify those students. If feasible, steps will be taken to hire a qualified person and develop a learning and instructional support program.
- The school administration will develop a comprehensive facility master plan to address physical plant improvements such as room expansion, HVAC and lighting updates, doors and windows.
- The principal and extended care director will create a procedure to facilitation communication with the extended care program outside of regular school office hours.
- The principal will work with teachers to create a daily class schedule that meets diocesan instructional minute requirements across all grade levels.
Plan of Action for School Year 2018-2019
- Phase 2 of the playground improvement project will be implemented.
- School administration and faculty will consider additional programs, including training, to promote decision making, problem-solving, and conflict management skills.
- The school advisory board, the parish finance council, and school administration will study ways in which to add specialized staff for art, band, and foreign languages.
Plan of Action for School Year 2019-2020
- The school advisory board and school administration will establish an annual review process of the mission philosophy that includes teachers, families and parish representatives.
- The school advisory board, school administration, and the parish finance council will assess the need and feasibility of providing transportation to the public school of students receiving special services and/or instruction (i.e., band).
- The school advisory board, school administration, and the parish finance council will assess the need and feasibility of modifications to the physical space for the extended care and preschool program.
Plan of Action for School Year 2020-2021
- The school administration, administration commission, and finance council will study the feasibility of installing an elevator and other accessibility features.
- The school advisory board, school administration, and parish finance council will consider and assess ways to provide better accessibility for persons with limited mobility (i.e., complete the elevator project)
Plan of Action for School Year 2021-2022
- The school advisory board and the school administration, with faculty and parental input, will review the mission statement for clarity and conciseness and educate the school community on it annually.
- The school administration will develop a plan to promote and market the school, its facilities, and its programs, utilizing proven marketing techniques such as social media.
- The school advisory board will explore options to create an alumni organization to foster and maintain relationships with former students.
- The school administration, the parish administration commission, and the parish finance council will update the building use policy and fee schedule.